Sunday 6 December 2009

Big House but No Space

So how does this work then? This house is roughly double the size of our little Victorian terrace in Addlestone i.e. twice, yes, twice the amount of space and yet, we somehow still live in a bloody tip?

My dearest wife says it's because I relegated her stupid dark wood dresser thing to the cellar and that's where we used to store everything? Must have been like the cupboard in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe then for all the piles of crap hanging around here to have fitted in it. Besides, the house is all nice light wood - how could we keep that old relic in here casting a cloud over our sunshine beech?

Dearest wife also says that it's because she used to do the filing and now she works in an office (novel experience for her), she doesn't have time anymore. True enough but that must mean that it's now my job and I don't have a clue about any of these bits of paper and besides, if I had known it was suddenly my responsibility, I might have started to half organise the piles before the piles became even more tottery and the drawers even more stuffed with 6 more months of god only knows what!

Maybe we do really just need a sideboard. Another piece of furniture to jam pack full of random pieces of paper. And where the hell is my P45 anyway???

2 comments:

  1. Even if you moved again to a house twice the size again, they still will be 'stuff' waiting to be tidied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when Markus and I moved into our apartment, I thought, "Wow! What a huge apartment!" Now, we have stuff crammed into our "guest" room/office and our basement storage thing is FULL! How did this happen? :)

    ReplyDelete