Friday 3 April 2009

We're Going

I'll warn you right away, this isn't going to be the most exciting of blogs. For one thing, I'm writing it, or at least I will attempt to, because seeing my previous efforts this is going to fizzle out in no time. But, hey, at least I'm willing to give it a try.

OK, to recap, we - Max, his two mums and our five cats - are currently living in the UK, somewhere in Surrey, not too far away from the great shiny busy city of London, within easy reach of Heathrow and therefore the world. And very soon now we'll be packing our bags and everything else, to move to 'the Continent' - into deepest Bavaria, to a small town on the outskirts of Regensburg, miles and miles from the nearest airport.

What, you haven't heard of Regensburg? Well, admittedly, it's a bit out in the sticks, but to compensate for that it is a world heritage site (really beautiful city centre with medieval buildings, a big cathedral, one of the world's oldest stone bridges across the river Danube), lies in the middle of gorgeous countryside, lake or river swimming in summer, skiing in winter, etc etc.

This blog will (hopefully) give an insight into how we're getting on with the move and the locals once we're there, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and where possible the funny as well. It's for friends and family, or whoever might find it mildly interesting.

Feel free to comment (but please not anonymously), link to or completely ignore, as you see fit.

2 comments:

  1. hello you three! How exciting! I actually went to Regensburg in middle school on a family trip - at Christmas time, I believe - and it was absolutely lovely. As is your new house - my goodness, SO MUCH SPACE!!! if I didn't love you all so much, my envy would eat me up. We're planning a trip to Vermont next month to look for our new place there - and lemme tell ya, assistant professors at small universities don't make much. sigh..

    Are you all still going to be able to come visit, do you think? It'd be so wonderful to have the boys meet each other. Though honestly, I'd really rather come visit you... I'm longing for some Europe. Lovely, wonderful Europe. Why are you prohibitively expensive and insular? Why?? Perhaps we'll manage the sabbatical-in-Berlin that we sometimes fantasize of one of these years, and actually make it there.

    Anyway- back to work, best of luck with the move, dearies. And keep us posted....

    love
    Kelda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla and Marion,

    That looks amazing!!

    Good luck with the move.

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete